Happy Monday! It’s the start of another week and I’m feeling refreshed and ready to bring you another great blog post all about the best deals in Chucktown. It seems that one of the questions I am often asked when people find out that I write a food blog about affordability is, “What’s your go-to place for happy hour?”. What better way to give an answer to this question than by providing you with a list of my top 5 favorite happy hours in Charleston.
1. BARSA: This place is not only my favorite place for happy hour, but also is up there in being one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston. Barsa wins by having extremely high quality, authentic Spanish cuisine at an affordable price, even when its not happy hour. This means that when it is happy hour, you’re getting an EXTRA amazing deal! Barsa’s happy hour is from 4-7, Monday-Friday. Their offerings include discounted paella and drinks. Yes, that means you can order paella for about 5-6 people, only spend a total of $22, and who knows, you may even still have leftovers!
2. EDMUND’S OAST: This restaurant has one of the best happy hours in Charleston in terms of pricing. Everything on the happy hour menu is priced at just $4. Some of my go-to items on the menu are the sticky peanut wings and the deviled eggs. The deviled eggs have a tangy flavored filling and are topped with pickled onions and the wings are fried to crispy perfection and are submerged in the most delicious sauce that contains a mixture of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors. You can indulge in this fabulous happy hour Monday-Friday from 4:30-6:30pm.
3. COQUIN: Conquin opened just a little over a month ago and since its opening I’ve had to to a bit of adjusting to my list of happy hour favorites. I went to Paris in the Summer of 2018 and ever since then, I’ve just been DYING to go back. Coquin offers the perfect way for me to feel like I’ve been transported back, without even having to leave Charleston. It’s small, but at the same time allows you to feel as though you are entering into a typical Parisian cafe. This restaurant offers happy hour from 5-8pm, Sunday-Thursday and 5-7 Friday and Saturday. The happy hour menu consists of two different tapas, priced at just $5 each. Beer, wine and cocktails are typically priced at $6 or less. The menu tends to switch out items every now and then, but if you happen see the poached artichokes on the happy hour menu, don’t even second guess yourself about ordering them.
4. LOCALS: Locals is located in Mt. Pleasant and offers happy hour Monday-Friday from 4-7pm, with discounted drinks. They also offer daily specials, with my favorite being their Monday half-priced sushi after 3pm deal. Yes, this means you can get a sushi roll for as little as $3! I would suggest arriving as early as you can to get in on this deal, as the restaurant tends to fill up quickly on Monday nights. My go-to rolls are the Caribbean Roll and the Ebi Ebi roll.
5. THE ALLEY: There’s really no better place to spend a weekday evening with friends than at The Alley. This restaurant/arcade/bowling alley offers $3 appetizers, $8 bottles of wine, and $4 local drafts Monday-Friday from 4-7pm. If you go on Monday, those specials last all night long! I highly recommend the loaded tots and the chicken and waffle sliders.