Fall weather is starting to set in, which means its just about that time to break out the beer steins and lederhosen! Oktoberfest is an annual folk-fest that happens in Munich, Germany. Lucky for us, the tradition has spread to many parts of the world..including Charleston! Some of the events are happening THIS WEEKEND and some are happening in weeks to come. I’m here to show you how you can get your Charleston Oktoberfest fix, without having to spend huge wads of cash.
1. 9/28/19: Park Circle Oktoberfest – head over to Park Circle in North Charleston for live music from several bands throughout the afternoon, several local food vendors, as well as beer, wine, cider, and lemonade. There will be artisan vendors for all your local craft-shopping needs, as well as games from Fly Dog Fitness, Blade and Bull Axe Throwing, and The Fun Factory. Parking is just $10 cash (I would suggest carpooling or taking an uber for the ultimate affordabilty factor) and event entry is FREE. Event is from 12-6pm.
2. 9/29/19: Frothy Oktoberfest Celebration – head over to Frothy Beard Brewing Company for food specials, live polka music from the Charleston Symphony Orchestra Pop Band, as well as the Hans Schmidt German Band. You can also participate in stein hoisting competitions and enjoy their newly released Marzen Oktoberfest beer. Event is FREE to attend and is from 11am-10pm.
3. 10/5/19: Bay Street Biergarten Oktoberfest – head over to Bay Street Biergarten for games such as “wrecking ball” and Blade and Bull Axe Throwing. Enjoy live music from Dan’s Tramp Stamp and the Money Bags, as well as DJ NattyHeavy. Event is FREE to attend and is from 11am-11pm.
4. 10/5/19: COASToberfest – head over to Coast Brewing Company for delicious craft beers, brats, and games. Event is FREE to attend and is from 12-5pm.
5. 10/13/19: Oktoberfest at Gene’s Haufbrau House – head over to Gene’s in West Ashley for live music, beer and brats! Event is FREE to attend. You just pay for the beer and brats! Event is from 1-6pm.