It’s that time of year again..hurricane season! What better way to kick it off than with Dorian, causing a mandatory evacuation, lane reversals, and windows being boarded up. With as many people making the decision to leave, I’m sure there are quite a few people making the decision to hunker down and brave the storm. Fortunately for those who made the decision to stay, I’ve compiled a list of restaurants with great deals that are staying open during the storm and restaurants who have made the decision to close.
OPEN ALL WEEK LONG OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Proof on King: $5 house wine and spirits and $7 classic cocktails.
- Sesame Burgers: opening at 11am and serving up half-priced burgers during Burger Happy Hour (3-6pm and 9pm).
- Juju: get the soup or the phenomenal Bikini Salad for under $10!
- Wiki Wiki Sandbar: head there for happy hour for light bites under $10! Select sides $5 or less.
- Carmella’s: enjoy a heaping amount of delicious sorbetto for just $5!
- Mex 1 Coastal Cantina: enjoy queso for just $6.50!
- 132 Spring: $5 homemade biscuits with butter and jam.
- Mercantile and Mash: select grab n’ go items $5 or less!
OPEN UNTIL WEDNESDAY EVENING:
- Indaco: half-off pizzas and $5 bites from 5-7pm.
- The Cocktail Club: $5 bourbon on Wednesday, $6 cocktails any day, and half-off food from 5-8pm.
- Bar Mash: enjoy a happy hour from 5-8pm, complete with $5 bites, shots and house daiquiri’s for $5, a Coors Banquet for $2, house red or white wine for $6, and the daily craft can for $3.
- The Watch Rooftop Kitchen and Spirits: head there for “sunset hour” from 4-7pm, which includes $3 domestic beers, as well as $5 small bites.
- Edison James Island: enjoy half-priced bottles of wine on Wednesday from 4-9!
- Miller’s All Day: $5 tomato biscuits, $6 pimento cheese biscuits, $3 sides, and $5 bacon jacks!
- Prohibition: $1 oysters all night, as well as $5 mystery reds starting at 4pm.
- Goat Sheep Cow North: open 11-6pm, happy hour all day!
- Burton’s Grill: closing at 4, but enjoy happy hour specials starting at 4:30pm.
- Dockery’s: open until 8pm. Happy hour specials at the bar! Highly recommend the truffle fries and hummus plates.
- Five Loaves Cafe: open starting at 11am(Mt. Pleasant and Summerville locations ONLY). Get a half sandwich for $8 or less!